The Best Solar Lights Reviews, Tips, and Guides
Are you looking for the best solar lights? If so, you’ve come to the right place. In this blog post, we’ll be reviewing some of the top solar lights on the market. We’ll also be sharing our top picks for the best solar lights. So whether you’re looking for a light to brighten up your backyard or garden, we have something for you! Keep reading to learn more.
What are Solar Lights?
Solar lights are a type of light that is powered by the sun. That’s right – these cool devices harness the sun’s power to run. In other words, you don’t need any electrical outlets or batteries to use them. What’s more, newer solar lights are now brighter than ever before, making them ideal for lighting up your driveway, garden, patio, or backyard at night.
How do Solar Lights Work?
Solar lights work by collecting energy from the sun using a photovoltaic cell (you may have heard of this term before – but in short, it’s basically a panel that collects and converts light into electricity). From there, the energy is used to charge up small batteries and power the LED lights.
It’s no wonder that solar lights are becoming so popular – With a long-lasting battery, bright LEDs, and easy installation, it’s hard to find a downside!
Type of Solar Lights:
There are pretty much four different types of solar lights on the market today:
Spotlights – Spotlights are typically used for lighting up objects: They can be used to illuminate pathways, trees, landscape features, and more. Typically, spotlights are mounted on the ground. And depending on what you’re looking for (i.e., motion detection), they may or may not include a sensor that automatically turns them on at nightfall.
Stake Lights – Stake lights are typically placed into the ground. That’s right – they’re basically small solar lights on stakes that you can place anywhere in your garden or backyard to brighten up a specific area.
Garden Lights – Similar to stake lights, garden lights are also mounted onto stakes and stuck in the ground. But unlike their counterpart, garden lights are often used to brighten up pathways and walkways. That way, you can easily navigate your garden or backyard in the evening without having to carry a flashlight with you at all times!
Floodlights – Similar to spotlights, floodlights are used for lighting up larger areas: They’re often used as security lights that deter burglars from entering your property. Basically, floodlights are mounted above the ground and have a wide range of illumination – perfect for ensuring that your entire backyard or garden is well-lit when the sun goes down!
The Benefits of Solar Lights:
Let’s quickly go over some of the many benefits of solar lights so you can see why they are becoming so popular.
1. Environmentally-Friendly: Perhaps the biggest benefit of solar lights is that they’re environmentally friendly. Unlike other types of outdoor lighting, solar lights require no electricity to run – all you need is sunlight! Not only do these lights help cut down on your energy consumption and carbon footprint, but they also eliminate the need to constantly buy new batteries.
2. Cost-Effective: Solar lights are incredibly cost effective. This is because you don’t have to pay any money for electricity or a yearly power bill – all you need is sunlight! And in today’s world, with rising energy costs and inflation, solar lights are becoming a necessity for anyone looking to save money.
3. Easy Installation: Solar lights are super easy to install – all you need is a sunny spot in your yard, and you’re ready to go! The fact that solar lights require zero wires makes them incredibly simple to install. With some models, installation can even be completed on the same day you receive the lights!
4. Brighter and Longer-Lasting LEDs: Solar light manufacturers are now producing much more powerful LED bulbs than ever before, meaning that solar lights can provide noticeably brighter light. Not only do these new LEDs draw less energy from the batteries, but they also last longer. In fact, some solar lights are now boasting a lifespan of more than 50,000 hours.
How to Choose the Best Solar Lights For You:
Now that you know all the benefits of solar lights, it’s time to learn how to choose the best solar lights for your needs. Here are some helpful tips on what to look for when shopping around for solar lights.
1. Number of Lights: The first thing to consider when shopping for solar lights is the number of lights you want. If you’re looking for lighting only in a small area, then one or two solar lights should be fine – just keep in mind that these lights will not provide super bright light. For large areas with lots of coverage – such as a patio, garden, or driveway – you’ll want to choose a light that has more LED bulbs.
2. Brightness: It’s important to evaluate the brightness of solar lights before purchasing them – especially if you will be using them in an area where lighting is needed for safety reasons (i.e., walking down your driveway at night). To check the brightness of a solar light, look for information on its lumens (which measures how bright it is) or lux (a measurement of the amount of light that falls on a surface).
3. Weatherproof: If you’re planning to install your solar lights outside, make sure they are weatherproof. Many solar lights come with a protective casing that protects the internal electronics from rain and snow. However, if you’re purchasing solar lights without a housing, these will not be waterproof – and they may need to be installed under an overhang or covered patio. If you are installing your lights in the ground, make sure that you purchase waterproof lights to prevent them from rusting.
4. Easy Installation: Before purchasing solar lights, make sure that they are easy to install. This includes being able to determine how far apart the lights should be placed and whether or not you need any additional hardware like screws or clips. Ideally, you’ll want to choose a solar light that requires no tools for installation – and one that can be installed on the same day you receive it. As well, make sure that the solar lights are easy to move around and aim at different locations in your yard.
5. Durability: Last but not least, you’ll want to factor in durability when choosing which solar lights are best for you. Look for a light that is constructed with sturdy materials and has a weatherproof coating to protect the internal electronics. Also, you’ll want to make sure that the lights come with a long warranty – this usually guarantees that they are built to last.
Top 10 Best Solar Lights For You:
Now that you know the benefits of solar lighting and what to look for in a solar light, it’s time to find the best solar lights on the market. To make your search easier, we have compiled a list of the Top 10 Solar Lights of 2022.
1. How long do solar lights last?
Solar lights can last anywhere from 1 to 20 years depending on the quality of the product and whether or not it has been properly installed. Generally, higher-end solar lights are known for their longer lifespan because they are built to be more durable than cheaper models. As well, if solar lights are not installed properly or damaged, they may not last as long.
2. Are solar flood lights the same thing as solar spotlights?
No – although these two types of lighting look similar, they serve different purposes. Solar flood lights are mainly used to light large areas to prevent accidents while walking at night. This includes lighting pathways, driveways, and patios. Solar spotlights are used to light up a specific area – usually in the shape of a spotlight – and are mainly used for decorative purposes.
3. Can you use solar lights indoors?
Yes – although most solar lights are designed specifically for outdoor use, there is nothing stopping you from using them indoors. You may need to place your solar lights near a window that receives a lot of sun, however, to ensure continuous charging.
4. How many lumens do I need for my solar lights?
The number of lumens you should choose depends on what you are using the solar light for and where it is being used. If you are using a solar light for security purposes and want to be able to see at night, then it should have a high lumen rating – at least 100 lumens per square foot of lighting needed.
5. Where do I put my solar lights?
The best place to put your solar lights is in an area that receives a lot of direct sunlight during the day. This includes placing them in an area that receives around 6 hours or more of sun daily, depending on the time of year. If you want your solar lights to continue to work at night, then they should also be placed in an area far away from any structures that may block the sun and prevent the lights from charging during the day.
6. Are solar lights brighter than regular outdoor lights?
No – solar lights are designed to be non-intrusive and subtle. As a result, they tend to be on the dimmer side when compared to regular outdoor lights. Although, the brightness of solar lights does vary depending on the quality and design of the light.
7. Are there different types of solar lighting?
Yes – there are a variety of different types of solar lighting, including spotlights, ground lights, and floodlights. As well, some solar lights are designed specifically for decorative and accent lighting, others are designed for security purposes, and others are designed for nighttime illumination.
Solar lights have become a popular form of outdoor lighting in recent years because they offer several benefits to homeowners, including being eco-friendly, cost-effective, and convenient. As well, they are a great option if you do not have access to electricity around your home or simply want an alternative to traditional outdoor lighting. If you want the best solar lights on the market, then we highly recommend that you check out our Top 10 Solar Lights list at the top of this article. While these lights may be a bit on the pricier side, they offer a high-quality design that is sure to last for years to come.